by ROB McKINNEY, Con App Guru
One of the more daunting task to complete on construction projects is the dreaded Punch List. It does not matter if you are a Owners Rep, General Contractor or Architect. The task must be completed in order for the project to be completed and closed out in a timely manner. The trick is to accomplish this task is a fast and organized manner as possible, but the question is how can you do this in todays mobile device environment? There are a few new interesting choices in the app markets for creating and managing the punch list process for construction projects.
- Pre-load all project subcontractors and locations into your Bridgit portal for easy access on-site.
- Add notes, view all assigned work in one place and sort to see what’s important to you.
- External users are integrated via email. No need for any change in work style, which means you can get started today.
- Receive real-time notifications and follow up sooner.
- Monitor project efficiency and make on-going improvements.
- Create an interactive, professional, fully functional punch list with integrated media and specifications from your fingertips.
- Intuitive functionality creates little to ZERO learning curve.
- Easily share your punch list via email in either PDF or PUNCH format at any stage of the project.
- Effortlessly combine punch lists created by other team members.
- Detailed punch list items can be created, tracked and managed extremely efficiently and effectively with our filter, search and statistics features.
- Connectivity via Drop Box, Box, Google Drive, OneDrive, and FTP, among others.
- It is an easy and inexpensive system for punch (snag) list making and supports on-site issue and defect management with photo documentation.
- IssMan enables you to track issues and defects by taking photos and adding mark-ups and notes directly on your device.
- Communication and coordination between team members is an integrated function, so that the punch lists are solved in the shortest time possible.
- You are buttons away from sending e-mails, reports and assigning tasks and you receive instant notifications when the tasks are solved and issues are fixed.
- Word, Excel or PDF reports can be sent to the team and persons involved.
- You decide whether they contain only photo documentation with some notes, or a more detailed report with all information available, to which you can add your company logo.
Originally posted on October 22, 2014
Rob McKinney is a construction risk engineer at Atlanta-based XL Catlin, and is the founder of the construction information forum, Construction App Guru. With over 14 years of industry experience, Rob is the chairman for the AGC Georgia Technology Committee, board member for the AGC of America IT Forum and has written for publications such as Constructech, The Construction Specifier, AEC Magazine, Engineering Industry News, and more).